Saturday, January 3, 2009

the house

I have been slacking on housework lately, getting ready for the art fairs. Now that they have passed, I can focus a little on the house as well as the jewelry. I started a clean sweep of the house a few days ago. We will have a LARGE yard sale when I'm finished. Maybe in a month or so :-) After the laundry room was clean, I moved into the pantry, which is like a hallway off the kitchen, leading to the laundry room. The shelves were pretty ugly-white with country blue contact paper on the shelves. Maybe not ugly to all, but definitely not my style. They needed cleaning, and since they were empty for wiping down, I figured I might as well do something with the.
Here is the after shot. I had some 'mango madness' paint leftover from the "juicy room". I put that into some white trim paint I had laying around, and this is what came out. I covered the shelves with some handmade paper(also had that laying around waiting for a project). They will do for now. Now I will have to paint the rest of the pantry, but I'm going to continue my clean sweep first.

No comments: