Sunday, March 2, 2008

day hike

A woman who works at The Fool on the Hill in Jerome told me about a cool rock hunting spot way out on Salt Mine Rd right near our house, so today, we went on a little adventure. I'm not sure if we actually made it to Rodeo Flat. When the pavement ends, so do the street signs, so we were just driving and getting out of the truck at various spots along the way. The boys were too chicken to hike with me, so they waited with dad in the truck most of the time. They did get out at the old salt mine on the way home. On the beginning of our trip, we saw some people climbing up here, so they figured it was OK. Critters are their main fear, so we just have to get out there a few times, and they will get over it. City boys!
This was the view looking north eastish. The snow covered mountains are the San Francisco Peaks in Flagstaff, where we go to ski. It's about 50 miles away. The red rocks of Sedona are right in front of SF Peaks. Part of CV is in the foreground. Our house is out of the frame to the right. We are kind of standing where I aim the camera for sunsets at home.

When Max saw this picture of where I went hiking while they waited in the truck, I think some of his fear left him. I'll have them exploring with me real soon!


No comments: