Saturday, March 15, 2008

photoshop

Doug and I took a walk down to the river the other day. He resisted, but I made him come with me, and we ended up having a lot of fun. It's about a half mile to get to the access point, but we took a "short cut" through the brush that Doug found. It started out desert, and ended up riparian habitat. Kind of felt like walking through Harms Woods near the river. I'm sure we will stop getting the creeps after we go down there some more:) Doug had horror movies on the brain.
The little clump in the foreground is a chopped bamboo grove. All the stalks were piled up nearby, so Doug dragged one home with him. It was close to thirty feet long! Everything is starting to green up around here. It's hard to see in the picture, but the trees have that spring green color on them.

OK, so in my quest to get my jewelry business started up again, I need to take photos of my work to submit to juries, also to show on my future website and here. With the new set up, it is possible to hang the earrings, but I needed to figure out how to block out the hanging things. So, I got a PhotoShop 30 day free trial to see if it was something I needed. I guess it is, and after some tips from a friend(thanks John) and a lot of experimenting time(I'm sure that's not over), I figured out how to do what I wanted, and ended up with a pretty good result. Above is the photo as it was shot. Below is the result of my photoshopping.


Took a little(lot of) time, but I'll get faster eventually:)
So anyway, these handcrafted, sterling silver earrings have a celestial motiv, are about 1 3/4 inches long, and cost $45.00. With the price of silver so high right now, I might have to rethink my pricing.



2 comments:

TomC said...

Hey Sarah,

Love your jewelry !!

That area does look kinda spooky.

I guess us city folk feel better if we can actually see who or what is watching us !!

sarahzona said...

Yeah, we're trying to get over a little of that :)