Friday, May 2, 2008

Pony Express


Doug had a friend over today. There was no school because of the Verde Valley Fair. Rodeo, carnival, music, etc. I'm digressing. Anyway, we were driving Doug's friend home, and as we turned onto the highway near our house, there was actually traffic backed up for awhile. I thought it was an accident, but then I noticed horse poop on the side of the road and around the curve, I thought I saw a bunch of people on horses. It was the PONY EXPRESS! They do an annual ride and this year for the first time ended it in CV. WHY didn't I have the D70!? We drove right by the posse of about 30 riders, just finishing a 125 mile ride, that began on Wednesday. I thought it was the coolest thing, the boys not so much. Oh well. I swear, I'm gonna bring my camera EVERYWHERE.
For more details, you can check out this article in one of our local papers(CV actually has two), the CV Bugel at: http://campverdebugleonline.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=19901. I'm hoping to see some more pics of the event in there soon.

No comments: