Monday, July 21, 2008

Moonlight Hike

Last week, we took a moonlight hike at Red Rock State Park in Sedona. They have guided hikes every full moon. It was about two miles total, and took us through some open fields, riparian habitat along the banks of Oak Creek, and up a rock to 'Eagle's Nest', where we got to see the moon rise. Our hike started out on a paved path, and led us into the woods. It was cool and humid by the creek.
Saw a few deer in this open field. They weren't too bothered by our appearance.

We got to see the sunset and the moonrise at the same time!


I thought about bringing my tripod, but didn't feel like lugging it.



I cropped this quite a bit, so it's a little grainy, but not a bad picture of the moon for no tripod.
Anyway, it was a nice little hike, and I think the boys even enjoyed it! We saw a skunk, the deer, a scorpion, and some gorgeous scenery. I think we will be doing that again.




No comments: