Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"Beach" Day

Yesterday, we went to Crescent Moon ranch, one of my favorite places in Sedona. I take all our visitors there. A nice little hike through the woods brings you to the banks of Oak Creek and a spectacular view of Cathedral Rock, the most photographed place in Sedona. I know I have taken a few pics there :) I can't help it. I did find another trail that will take you up into the rocks, so when it cools off a bit, I will check it out. Anyway, there are a couple of rope swings, so finally, we got to swing into the water, which was quite comfortable for a running creek.
Eric and Doug went to the movies while Max and I hung out. Cathedral Rock is now behind Max.

After the movie, Doug got some water time in. I"m guessing it gets pretty crowded here on the weekends. We only come during the week. There are plenty of more remote and less crowded places to do this sort of thing, but having a few people around is sort of comforting to us city folk.


We found this swing in the woods up stream a little ways from the other one. There are all kinds of trails too, but we stayed by the water. Blackberries are getting ripe.




Good reason this place is so popular-it's awesome!! The boys had a blast. The combination of hiking through the woods and swimming is perfect!



2 comments:

TomC said...

Very nice.

This looks just a little tiny bit different than a day a lighthouse beach !

sarahzona said...

A little bit!
Thanks for all your comments Tom. It's nice to know someone is looking at the blog :)