Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Last Day of Summer Break

Tomorrow the boys start school, so we headed to Sedona to swim and swing at Crescent Moon Ranch(Cathedral Rock), and have a little lunch in town. The restaurant we went to had a view of Coffee Pot Rock. I think the name is pretty obvious, but if you can't tell, look at the rock on the right. A percolator, not Mr. Coffee.
On our way into town from Cathedral Rock, I had to stop and take a pic of the clouds. It rained a little on the drive home, and when we got home, we had a nice little storm. We got home just in time to get the clothes in that were hanging out to dry.
Summer break is over for us, back to the school schedule. Max is starting Middle School, and is having mixed feelings. He found out today that his good friend Chance is in his homeroom class, so he's feeling a lot better now. Met Doug's teacher yesterday, and the new bus driver. Doug will start taking the bus home, and maybe after a couple weeks, go both ways on the bus. It would save me gas and time. So much for feeling whacked out about the school bus! I don't think there will be any tears this year either(not mine anyway).

4 comments:

TomC said...

These pics are always so awesome !

Thank you for sharing.

I keep waiting for you to return from your vacation from Sedona, but then I realize that you live there ! :P

sarahzona said...

Yeah, me too! I'm still getting used to the idea that I work in Jerome-how cool is that?!

TomC said...

That is very cool.

From what I can tell you have settled in nicely.

I was surprised how quickly you got things going in Jerome.

Are you planning to do anything else like art fairs ?

How did you like the one on the 4th in Prescott ?

If I remember correctly that was a pretty big one.

sarahzona said...

I am on the waiting list for a show in Sedona at the beginning of Oct. I got into the Temp Arts Fest in Dec, and am waiting to hear from 4th Ave in Tucson. That's the weekend after Tempe, so if I get in, I will really have to crank out some work before then!
Prescott show was OK-looked like more of browsing type of weekend. There are a bunch of shows in Prescott however, so I will check out some more to see if I want to apply to any of them. I have to be kind of selective right now, as my time is limited.