Wednesday, August 6, 2008

First Day of School

First day of school! Max is a big sixth grader and gets to go to the middle school. The bus picked him up at 6:30 this morning and he will get home shortly after 3:00. A longer day than he's used to, but everyone will adjust. The 5:45 wake up might take awhile though.
Doug wanted me to drive him this week, but he is taking the bus home, and told me I didn't have to stay with him on the playground if I didn't want to. I took the hint, and dropped him off at the front door. What a pro!

2 comments:

TomC said...

Hey Sarah !

I can't believe that your kids are back to school already. Ours don't start for a few more weeks.

I am curious to know how far away their schools are from home.

Our girls, Gloria, 1st grade, and Anna who will be starting Kindergarten this week attend an elementary school right down the street. So no big deal. They also get a ride from their daddy to school and take the Bus home. (I am hearing you about the early wake up !)

I remember walking to school everyday when I was in elementary school. Amazing how all that has changed now.

Tom

sarahzona said...

It would be nice if we could walk to school, but the 'campus' is about 3.5 miles from our house.
Max loves taking the bus-more time with his friends. Doug is not thrilled, but he needs to get to know some kids in the neighborhood, and it saves me time and gas!
Back in EV we were still walking to school, but we're definitely more spread out here.