Friday, January 4, 2008

Back in AZ

We got back into AZ last night, and Max couldn't wait to spend some Christmas $ on a new snake. He was debating between a corn snake and a ball python, but they happened to have a garter snake at the Petco that was perfect! The size of a full grown python was a little intimidating for him. The garter snake will only grow to about four or five feet, but still stay pretty skinny. She(?) is already quite easy to handle, and ate six little fish out of the water dish as soon as we put her in her new home. We will vary the diet with fish, worms, and maybe some mice.
I think that Joe the cat was more interested in the feeder fish than the snake.

It's kind of hard to see, but the thermometer on the outside of the window is at about 60!

4 comments:

TomC said...

Hi Sarah,

Happy new year !

Just curious...what was the first place that you went to when you got back to Evanston ?

Was there a place you had to go visit again or a food you had to eat ?

I always B-line it over to Herms Palace for a Cheddar Burger when I am anywhere near Evanston.

I like the of the cat watching the snake.

Our neighbor's girl got a new siamese kitten a few months back so ours girls want one now too. (so does their dad !!)

I hope you Eric and the boys had a great time over the holidays.

Tom

sarahzona said...

Herm's was on our list as well as Bill's, Buffalo Joe's and Walker Brothers, and the Pineyard for Chinese. Pizza of some sort was on the list too, probably Gulliver's, but that never happened. We also wanted to get some gelato, but it was too darn cold!

Thanks for commenting, Tom. It's nice to know someone is actually reading the blog :)

TomC said...

No problem ! I check in on you a few time per week. I think your blog is cool. So don't stop !!

For some reason I think a blog is a better way to keep in touch than email. I guess it is more fun.

I am actually contemplating starting my own, but....what would I write about ???

sarahzona said...

I don't know. I guess whatever really interests you that might interest other people. I think you have to consider why you would be blogging. I started for the reason you mentioned-to keep in touch with people for the most part.

You should get a cat for your girls. They're old enough, and cats are pretty maintenance free. We adopted Joe as a full grown cat, so he was already totally litter box trained and big enough to take care of himself around little kids.