Saturday, February 9, 2008

saguaros




We took a little field trip south today. We went to Wickenburg, a little western town northwest of Phoenix. They were having Gold Rush Days, with a carnival, art fair, rodeo, blah, blah. Included in the affair was a major traffic jam and large crowds. Oh well. We got a little exploring in anyway.
On the way home I had to pull over to get some pics of the Giant Saguaros(pronounced 'swarro'). They are SO cool!! Each one has it's own personality. Sometimes they grow in little groups, which to me look like families. I think their arms give them a human quality. The middle picture with Max gives an idea of scale.
Notice how green the ground is in the third photo. I think we are a few weeks away from that up here. I didn't know grass grew in the desert!
Weather today: Sunny and about 75 in the shade :)


No comments: