Monday, April 21, 2008

Sedona Hike

Took a nice hike yesterday with my friend Mary in Sedona at Boynton Canyon. We didn't take the trail we meant to, but who cares. We hiked for almost four hours(a little longer than intended) with a sandwich break in the middle.

We thought we were in the middle of nowhere, but then all of a sudden we saw a golf course through the brush. That's kinda how Sedona is. It can be a little weird, but I like it anyway.

This dying Prickly Pear cactus looked cool to me with the dirt on it.

Some Agaves in the forest. Very diverse plant life around here.




Our hike took us along a dry creek bed-awesome! Got a few rocks(duh).




The trees were really cool yesterday. I got some close ups of their different bark. I feel a project coming on now.




This bark looked like mosaic tile.
Great day. We probably hiked close to eight miles. At least it felt like we did. Most of the uphill was on the way out, so the trip back was much faster.