Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Trail Ride

We have some visitors staying with us this week, so we're off doing Az things. Yesterday we took a trail ride at the Canyon Creek Ranch in Black Canyon City, about 40 miles south of CV. Let me just say, I had a BLAST!! I think everyone else enjoyed themselves too :)
Over the river, and through the desert. The cactus aren't blooming quite yet, but there were lots of wildflowers(and dust).

We rode for awhile, then stopped to have lunch, throw some axes, shoot some guns, and rope some "cattle". Max and Ron are giving roping a shot here.


Check out the rock painting-AWESOME! Jerry, one of our guides, said it's about 250 years old.




Have I mentioned that I LOVE the Giant Saguaros? I have a few photos of them, so I will be posting more:)



3 comments:

TomC said...

Wow ! That looks great.

I have driven by Black Canyon City a hundred times, but never stopped to take a look.

Yeee-harrrr !

Unknown said...

what a great trip. thanks for posting all the pics.

sarahzona said...

hey! you figured out how to post!!