Thursday, October 23, 2008

Montezuma's Well

Last weekend we took a little field trip to Montezuma's Well, a National Monument just north of CV a little bit. It is a limestone sinkhole, and quite unique for the desert. The water has an exceptionally high carbon dioxide content, making it unfriendly for fish.
I had the macro lens on my camera, so I couldn't get a full shot. Next time.
We were standing way up above the well here. The peak in the middle of the pic is right near our house, so from miles away, we can see where home is.

Instead of hiking down to the edge of the well, we opted for the outside, to see where the water leaves the well and feeds into Beaver Creek. We can take the other trail next time, when I have the right lens on the camera.


Checking out some bugs on the bush. Max complained pretty much the whole time, but I think he had a decent time anyway. Eric headed home to watch football and I took the boys up to Flagstaff for a little Target fix afterwards, so everyone ended up happy.



No comments: