Saturday, October 11, 2008

Parade

This weekend, CV is celebrating Fort Verde Days, in honor of it's State Park of the same name. Doug and I went to the parade this morning, and we all went to the carnival and Bull Bash(rodeo) last night.
There were lots of people on horses among other floats. Lots of the people in the parade threw out candy to the kids. Made it worth Doug's while for sure!

This is the Grand Marshall.

The guy on the left was bugling.


This group of cavalry men followed the bugler. Maybe he was their announcer.



No batons-these girls wielded jump ropes.




The bag piper was walking with the Sons of the American Legion.






Smokey the Bear!





A little bit of CV history







The iron horses :) The woman on the left lives near us and works at the Elementary school.








More cavalry men










Marines









During Ft. Verde Days, there is a burrow and mustang adoption program. Not this year!











This was my favorite. Click on the picture to enlarge it.












PPart of the Search and Rescue team. Hikers frequently get lost around here.
The parade lasted about 45 minutes, and only had two politicians. The crowd was pretty mellow. I needed cousin Robin there to make some noise with me :) Doug went across the street to sit with his friend, so I watched by myself. I still made a little noise anyway. No pro lifers to wave hangers at today.
It's really windy today so the sun was not an issue. I even had a sweatshirt on!













8 comments:

Anonymous said...

very clever.

Anonymous said...

ok. I found an information here that i want to look for.

Anonymous said...

its good to know about it? where did you get that information?

Anonymous said...

wow, very special, i like it.

Anonymous said...

help me.

Anonymous said...

help me.

sarahzona said...

Who ARE you?

Anonymous said...

just checking this open id thing..