Wednesday, July 29, 2009

more Road Trip

Facebook has been taking up all my computer time, so it's taken me a really long time to post these pics of our June road trip back to Chicago/Evanston. We left AZ June 5(I think) and got home around the 27th. We had a crazy busy time and lots of fun visiting with friends and family. First pic I took of our trip. We are on Interstate 40, heading towards New Mexico. I thought the clouds looked cool.
We had no DVD player, and one PSP, so, we found other activities to pass time in the car. I think this was the only time Max got the Sharpies out.


First rest stop just into NM. Saw some really cool belt buckles, but did not buy one. i will now be on a mission for sandcast belt buckles....


Between the camera, Louetta(our GPS), and The band game, I'm thinking of an animal/celebrity, we did pretty well in the car. We spent a total of seven whole days in the car-three on the way there, and four home.



This was probably in Oklahoma....The Western Hemisphere's Largest Cross. We didn't stop.



St Louis Arch. We didn't stop there either. We were on a mission....





We made it! I completely lost the previous two days of driving when we got onto the 294. Not a bad drive at all, and only about three and half tanks of gas!






First things first, to the skate park with some friends. The boys spent a ton of time hangin with their old homies. Lots of fun was had by all.








I spent a lot of time meeting with long time friends, usually over some food of some sort :-) Our places to eat list was pretty long. Marcia and Danny at soem bar in Glenviw. I met them out there with a few other peeps that were having a party planning meeting. Fun night!








Bob and Eileen.








Marcia and Jean.










My niece Carly, graduated from eight grade while we were there. Look out ETHS....











My dad turned 85 on June 1st, so we had a family night to Ravinia. We rode in a private bus, owned by a friend of my sister, Meg's. It was a fun night and Ramsey Lewis was fab!












Our spread on the Ravinia lawn.













We sang Happy Birthday, and ate cupcakes and smiley face cookies!














Sister Cathy, and Danelle















Sister Meg and moi.

















I was so comfy laying on the lawn under some blankets.

















Next was the Wells St. Art Festival. Meg and Cathy helped me set up Saturday morning, which was rainy and chilly. I forgot to bring my signage, so i woke Eric up to pick some photos off the computer, had him email them to Kinko's, where my mom picked them up a few hours later. thanks everyone!!!


















The Sunday morning ride to the show. It was a beautiful day!


















My long time friend Katy, helped me at the show on Sunday. Back in the day, she would do shows with me, so we had a blast!!! THANKS woman XOXOX




















My dear friends, and former next door neighbors came to see me at the show. I so miss having them next door, and keep mentioning that the house next door here is on the market.....




















In addition to the Ravinia night, we had a Birthday lunch for Dad, with about 30 of his friends.






















Doug and cousin Pauly. Doug thought it would be fun to eat his steak with his hands.























More visiting with friends. Karen, Marcia, and I sat at Portillo's for about three hours.
























Marcia is a photographer, and had to have a shot of the greeter at Portillo's. Nice shot!

























Gelato in the park with Heidi and Tracy. Kids too :-)



























David Taylor and I tried to get a little Lincolnwood reunion together, but the weather did not cooperate, so it was the two of us :-) We headed over to the Mark II, where we saw Angie and Marty(in the backgroud).
It was a really fun trip, and Facebook hooked me up with a bunch of people I had not seen in a very long time. Sorry I did not have pics of everyone!!


























No comments: