Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Williams

Once in awhile, we take the boys up to Williams, the last town on Route 66 to be bypassed by Interstate 40. Ther's an indoor skatepark up there, so they go there, and Eric and I explore the small town a bit. Next time, we might venture out and take a hike somewhere. Ther's only so many souvenier shops to see there... Bill Williams, a mountain man who settled in the area sometime mid 19th century, I'm a bad retainer of info, but maybe you can read the placque if you click on the photo....
Look at that sky!

We haven't eaten here, but I liked the cow...






We did have breakfast here one day before the skate park. Good pancakes!





The three amigos...




skatepark....duh














Met some friends up there one day...conected through, you guessed it, Facebook :-)








Playing with my new camera on the way home....you can see the train passing the other way here.









Night time on the highway. There was an awesome lightning storm, but I couldn't capture any on 'film'.










I took a ton of these pics. I think they're the coolest. Light and movement......











1 comment:

ellen jo said...

Great pics, yet again. You are working that camera, girl!

Also, I didn't know there was an indoor skatepark in Williams. That's rad. I'll have to share that scoop with my lil' skater buddies.