Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Road trip camera 1

The first stop on our ride home was the Wisconsin Dells. I thought we would stop for an hour or two, play some mini golf and ride some go karts. Well, the Dells has become a water park heaven, so we ended up at a huge water/amusement park for about five hours :-) Luckily, I had discovered five hour energy shots, so another five hours of drive time to the western edge of MN wasn't too bad. Pirate's Cove mini golf.
Mt. Olympus go karts. It was almost worth the 45 minute wait in line :-)

The boys had a blast at the water park part of Mt. Olympus. From then on, we looked for places to stay with water parks. Found a good one in Rapid City, SD






Crossing the Mighty Mississippi into MN.




My co pilots were pretty accomodating when it came to clicking pics. "Quick, get a picture of the sunset!!"






The camera also helped pass the time in the car :-)






While in Wall, SD, we walked through a wax museum. I thought this sample of barbed wire was the coolest thing EVER. Who knew there were so many different varieties of barbed wire?







Couldn't pass up "The Blacksmith" The anvil was fake.....ha







Another shot of Crazy Horse from inside the visitor's center. The small sculpture represents the finished product. I think it will be many years before completion of the big 'un. Did I mention that all of Mt Rushmore could fit into the small space behind his head? Amazing









1 comment:

ellen jo said...

Cool fun adventures with your kiddos. I liked to Chicagoland shots.

Did you know Barbed Wire was invented in Illinois? Not sure how to feel about that! By James Ellwood of DeKalb IL. I know this because I went to college (NIU) in DeKalb. Their local HS team is called the "Barbs". Haw.