Saturday, November 10, 2007

befores and afters 2

As you all probably know, we have been doing a little remodeling since we've been in AZ. We started with the kitchen, then moved on to the living/family room. It is kind of all one big space. The followong photo is the kitchen before I resurfaced the counter tops. I will do a before and after of the whole kitchen when the backsplash is in.
There is plenty more work to do on the house, but we are going to slow it down for a bit and switch gears to working for paychecks. More on that later :)We took the stove out so I wouldn't make a mess on it.

The process took about five days, partly because I didn't have enough materials, and had to make two trips to Sedona. Between varios coats of stuff, you have two wait eight hours for it to cure.


I also got a couple of stencils.


This is the living/family room. There was a whole wall dividing the two. We knocked down part of it and put a three sided fireplace in.




The kitchen is to the left. I am standing in the dining area.





Different angle
The floor was vinyl sheet made to look like wood.













This is the bathroom in the guest "suite". Eric tiled the floor, and I tiled the shower. It was my first tile job. I think it turned out pretty nice. We kept the vanity and shower surround. I will probably paint the vanity at some point, but we are calling it finished for now.



















1 comment:

marezona said...

Good job on my bathroom! Hee hee