Saturday, November 10, 2007

San Diego

I LOVE Saguaros! The northern edge of the Sonoran Desert is a little south of us. I plan on investigating and getting up close to the awesome cacti! the boys' reflection was intentional


We took a little road trip to San Diego last week. Doug wanted to go to SeaWorld for his birthday. It was about a seven hour drive through mountains and desert. Not a bad drive to end up at the ocean! It was foggy and chilly almost the whole time we were there, which was a nice little change from dry and sunny all the time(boo hoo) :). I was ready to get out of the extreme humidity after a few days. My sinuses are still trying to adjust to the DRY climate here in AZ however. What the heck was I thinking when I gave away my humidifiers? Anyway, we went to SeaWorld and the zoo, and hung out at the resort we stayed at on Mission Bay. I managed to talk the boys into going to the beach the morning we left. It was kind of chilly(60), but there were surfers and dolphins out with them. Very cool. Was hoping to get a picture of a sunset on the beach, but it was too cloudy. The above photo was taken in the car on the way home, just north of Phoenix.
Maybe more pics later. This blogger site didn't want to upload at the moment.

1 comment:

TomC said...

Hi Sarah,

I agree, the desert is amazing. There is so much life out there that you would not expect to see. It is amazing that so many different types of plants can survive under such harsh conditions.

I am not sure if they have them in Verde Valley, but down in Phoenix there are a lot of companies that give guided desert tours that you might want to check out. I can't remember the name, but the one I went on was in a Humvee - which made it all the more fun !!

Tell us about Sea World ...

Did you get to see Shamoo ?

The house looks great !!

Tom