Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Construction

A soon to be clost in the guest 'suite'.
Living room, looking from the kitchen.

Closer view. The blank spot on the wall used to be a window. When G. Blue added the garage on the other side, he removed the window. Behind that wall are the stairs to go up. Thank God the upstairs is finished!


This is what our house looks like downstairs this morning. Everyone out here puts a texture on their walls, so my project is to skim coat the walls with mud(which I have done), light sanding(which I am procrastinating right now), then retexture. G. Blue came over yesterday and gave me a lesson. I think it will be fun when I get the hang of it. We have some scraps I will practice on. The drywall sanding is what I do not like It is EXTREMELY messy and dusty. I did a few walls this morning, and am covered in white dust. Along with the furniture and everything else in here. Yes, I wear a mask! The ceiling is what I am really not looking forward to, but it must be done.



All this construction makes me crazy. I was enjoying our nice clean house back in EV. Now we are in complete construction chaos. Under Construction-at home and in life.



Hopefully, I will have some 'after' pics sooner than later. I think I can have the walls sanded, textured, and painted in two weeks. OK, three for sure.

No comments: