Thursday, August 2, 2007


It has been a couple of days since my last post. In that time, we have rebuilt the kitchen(almost), knocked down some walls in the living/family room, and taken a trip to the ER in Cottonwood. Everyone is OK. Yesterday, while playing street hockey in the driveway, I sprained my ankle. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but my toes were feeling a little tingly, so I thought a trip was necessary. Time spent in the ER - ONE HOUR!! In Evanston, it usually takes that long to make initial contact with a human(after finding parking). Aside from my ankle, the event was pretty painless. Today I am taking it easy, and keeping it iced. My hiking will have to be extremely light for the next few weeks :(

Toady's photo-This is called a Junebug here in AZ. Apparently, they really enjoy peaches. I sometimes mistake them for hummingbirds when they are flying.

GO CUBS!!!!

5 comments:

Robin said...

Sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope you are back to full speed soon!
Miss you lots.

Diane said...

Dear Sarah,

Love your blogspot. You inspired me to start one myself. You are a great photographer! Capturing that lightning sure impressed me! Hope your ankle and the rehab are progressing positively.

Diane dos Santos

sarahzona said...

Thanks Ladies!! The ankle is getting better. I am keeping ti iced and wrapped. Won't be playing softball or riding the Harley anytime soon though. I was able to do a little hike today in Sedona :-). Went to the Skate Shop and couldn't resist a side trip to a vortex.
MISS y'all!

What's your blog called, Diane?

Diane said...

Hey, Sarah,

When it's up and running, I'll send you the official title. Had a little trouble with the title but decided (I think) on Edgeof47 (as homage to Stevie Nicks's Edge of Seventeen)--I'm not sure what the purpose is...probably will be posting my photos and poems. I am a poet, did you know that? Love your picis--all of them--send more! I don't think the lightening was a fluke, really.
Best,

Diane

sarahzona said...

VERY COOL, Diane! I look forward to reading your poetry. I think I did know that at one time or another. Thanks on the pics. I will keep them coming. I enjoy photography, so I'm hoping to bump my skills a bit with the blogging.