Monday, August 6, 2007

time




It has been four weeks since we got to AZ, and I have been thinking about time, and how we can measure it's passing. In the four weeks we have been here, I have cut my toenails twice. They hadn't gotten to the point where they really needed cutting the second time, but I thought of it, got the clippers, and did it. Usually, I think about it a few times before I actually get the clippers and cut my toenails. The first time I cut them in AZ was right after we got here, when our roadtrip family(the Whitmores) was still here. Someone else needed the clippers, so while they were out, I gave my toenails a trim. There was a Seinfeld episode where Kramer asks Jerry how often he cuts his toenails. Of course, I wondered what my answer would be, and had no idea how often I cut my toenails. Well, now I know!


I also vacuumed the stairs today. I vacuum the rest of the carpet more often , but apparently the stairs need it every four weeks or so.


Got my period since we've been here. A pretty regular measure of four weeks for me.


Changed the pool filter. Actually, Eric did that. I didn't even know there was a filter to change.


I'm sure there are plenty of other time measurers besides the calandar and those listed above, but that's all I have at the moment for measuring four weeks time.


School starts on Wednesday. We will start measuring time by how many days till the weekend!

Today's pictures:

Boys in Sedona(Boynton Canyon). Taken earlier today.

Camp Verde from Highway 17. That was taken yesterday on our way back from the Home Depot in Prescott. Our house is to the right of the green patch in the center of the photo.

2 comments:

Timm said...

Sarah,

Great to see that your settling in there. Looks like this is what you needed to spark a new perspective on life and where your going. I recently have had a new facette enter mine a biker rag approached me about writting a monthly colunm on safety tips and technical advice. My first one was this month and they didn't bury me in the back i was on page 12. Who knows retirement around the conrner and doors are opening in many ways. Look forward to hearing back from you. Here's the link to the magazine http://www.thunderroads-virginia.com/August07.pdf
Take care,
Timm

sarahzona said...

Tim, that is AWESOME!! Congratulations! I couldn't get to the link, the computer kept telling me the file was damaged and could not be repaired. I will try to find it on the site.