Sunday, July 22, 2007

July 22, 2007


So, it is monsoon season here in the Verde Valley, and probably the rest of Arizona as well. For us, that has meant, clouds roll into the area in the afternoon, and storms move through. It may or may not rain in our immediate vicinity, but it is raining somewhere nearby, and we get some pretty awesome lightning shows whether it is raining or not. I will have to figure out how to photograph lightning.

So far, when the rain does fall on us, it might only rain for five minutes and be gone. Yesterday, we had the biggest rain so far. Rain fell at a nice steady pace for a good 40 minutes! I think by Arizona standards that was a monsoon. By Chicago standards, it was a nice little rain.

I am attaching a picture of the sun setting through some storm clouds.
I do not Photoshop, so my pics are only as good as my photography skills.

5 comments:

TomC said...

Hi Sarah !

Mary passed your blog address on to me.

I am quite excited about your decision to move to AZ and happy that you chose to live up near Flag.

Having lived in AZ already, and looking back, I really do not miss Phoenix all that much, but I do miss Sedona, Flag, Payson, Grier and the White Mountains which are East of you (good skiing there !!).

Good luck ! Hope it all works out.

Thanks for blogging.

I will keep in touch with you here.

Tom

TomC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sarahzona said...

Glad to hear from you Tom!!

coowouters said...

Hi Sarah,

Eric posted your Blog address on The Lounge.
I hope you will have a GREAT life in Arizona!!!!!

All the best from Belgium,

Chris (aka coowouters)

sarahzona said...

THANKS!!!