Wednesday, July 25, 2007

july 25




I am told there are some Loungers visiting-WELCOME!!


For anyone curious, I have attached a couple photos of a couple pieces of my art work. The felted wool pieces are what I call 'treasure pots, and the necklace was made for Valentine's Day. In high school, I got a job as a jeweler's apprentice, worked for her for 10 years, then started out on my own. I really enjoy metalwork, and about 10 years ago, expanded to welding and blacksmithing. Having kids put all that on the back burner for a while, but now that they are both in school, I have gotten back into the jewelry/metal arena again, and am loving it!!


Last year in an evolution from hobby knitting, I started making felted wool stuff-bowls, vases, mittens, and other weird stuff. I love the process, and the fact that a lot of it is done with the laundry! I now embace piles of dirty clothes, and view them as an oppurtunity to create. I am hoping to combine the felted wool and metals when I get my shop all set up here.


I hope to hear from everyone in the comments section. If anyone is having trouble with this, I am not computer savvy enough to help you out. I THINK you have to have a google account(free). If you don't, the thing will ask you to sign up after clicking on the word 'comments' at the bottom of each post.

10 comments:

jaggergirl said...

Hi Sarah!

Lounger here ;)

Your artwork is very original and interesting, thank you so much for sharing photos of it with all of us!!
:)

I love the necklace, it is beautiful! :)

Hope that you and your wonderful family are having a great time adjusting to your new home, I will be visiting here often to hear all about it and your adventures, you have a great blog, thanks again for sharing all your stories and photos:):)

Robin said...

Sarah! you are awesome. I think blogging suits you. Looking forward to more good pics. etc.
Robin

Maryellen a/k/a Blinded said...

"I am told there are some Loungers visiting-WELCOME!!"

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I love your artwork, and it is so nice to read about your new adventure in Arizona! I visited Stones505 in Gilbert a while back and loved it there! I hope you and your family are very happy there! Stop by the Lounge sometime to say hello too!!

sarahzona said...

Thanks everyone for the feedback and kind words. I hope you keep visiting! I am enjoying the blogging-who knew?!

Robin,
People are curious about my psychic friend. Post some contact info if you want!

sarahzona said...

I just realized there are at least two Robins in my life. So if Psychic Robin wants to post contact info, go for it! If any other Robins want to post contact info as well, be my guest:)
Sorry for the confusion-OOPS
Is that wrong? I'm not real hip to blog etiquette(sp).

Heidi said...

HI!!!!!!!!!!!
i LOVE READING ABOUT YOU!
Hey is anyone interested incleaning out your last few possesions at Darrow? Maybe all of us Evanston folks should have a quick goodbye to the ole Harms homestead. We close on tuesday but final walkthru is monday at 4. Must be all empty.
I missyou all---ethnic faest was sad w/o u.
Heidi

sarahzona said...

That could be fun(?)

marezona said...

Hey Sarahzona, Its me Marezona!
Your creations are way cool! I enjoy my wool bowl each day.

How about those monsoons? I got rained on last weekend as I traveled up and back to Flagstaff. I do really like Flagstaff. Way cool. I went to an Irish Festival. All the men were wearing kilts. Not much original art sold. They need you!

Glad you are getting to know your area. I want to go canoeing! I'll be up there soon to visit and see your progress on the house!

Robin said...

Hi everyone, if you are interested in intuitive guidance. I do readings in person, via phone or online e-mail readings.
You can visit my site for more info.
www.rarichardson.com

sarahzona said...

Thanks Robin!!